Wednesday, October 16

Family, friends, food, falls...and a cattle drive!!!

The last two weeks have been all about visiting friends and family (and eating lots of food, of course!) in an attempt to connect and reconnect before I leave. I'm feeling very grateful to have so many warm and loving people in my life!




In addition to visiting people, I also needed to visit one special place...

Does everyone have a place that they feel is heaven on earth? Where they feel an energy shift and sense that something very special is happening? For me, this place is Sheep Falls. I'm not even going to try to put into words what this place means to me and how I feel when I'm there. 

But first, a bit of comic relief as I start my 20 minute drive to the falls. A cattle drive! I had the amazing opportunity of helping (on horseback) with two cattle drives in this same area a few years back. A flood of memories came back and a big smile was pasted on my face! I tried to take some pictures with the cattle closer to my truck, but as you can see I haven't yet mastered the art of holding Natalie's iPhone steady. This was the clearest photo in the batch.



This is the view about 5 minutes before you arrive at the falls. Boy, do I miss this place! For those of you who don't know, I lived in this area in the late 90's.


What I will say is that this sign telling me to stay away from the falls due to June flooding just made me laugh. 


"Good try Mr. Warden" was the first thing that came to my mind. (Another fuzzy photo! Sheesh this phone camera is sensitive to movement.)

And here, dear friends, is my "heaven on earth".....


What do you think? Do I look relaxed and happy?



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That is for sure a beautiful place. The sound of a waterfall is one of the most peaceful and soothing sounds, yet so full of power. And yeah, a little tape and barricades wouldn't keep you away!

Unknown said...

Yes you do look relaxed and happy! I can see why Sheep Falls is "heaven on earth" - it looks amazingly beautiful(even with a phone camera - smile)