Knowing that I'll soon be in Mumbai, witnessing the extreme poverty of hundreds of thousands of people, it seems like a contradiction to be spending the first leg in my journey in Maui, an island considered by many to be luxurious and expensive. I think the word that comes to mind is "self-indulgent" (referring to myself), but I am determined to fully enjoy this experience and meet new people. I do think that leaving for India from a place that I don't call "home" will make getting on the airplane easier. Perhaps in another post, I'll share more about my feelings of what the word "home" means to me. Do you agree with the saying "home is where the heart is" or do you think that your heart is connected by an invisible thread to a certain location, be it a country, city or town? I'm interested in hearing your opinion.
1 comment:
Hope you are enjoying every minute of this trip! Home for me is wherever I happen to hang my hat, what with all the moving I have done ever since I was a child.
Post a Comment