Okay, so no internet at the apartment. Really, how inconvenient can that be? Not so bad, it just means that I need to go to the American-style bagel shop. Now I'm sure all of you understand this means I can't just go hang out and use their internet, it means I have to be a paying customer. No problem! I'll just buy something small (but of course everything is expensive) and use my phone to chat with family via Skype. Problem #1 solved.
Problem #2: I have a hard time typing more than 10 words on my touch pad phone so I'm not motivated to post or respond to emails. Solution: Avoid typing...problem solved!
Meanwhile, back at the apartment..... I plug the apartment laptop directly into the internet, bypassing the router, and, voila, I have internet! (this the is the point I start dancing around the apartment; shoot! no roommates to celebrate with me as I now have the place to myself)
No time to waste, it is time to do a nice long blog. Oh, oh, now I'm getting messages that something is incompatible between the blog and the laptop. Multiple error messages put a damper on my solo celebration. My glee is further squelched by the realization that my pictures are on my phone and my phone does not have internet without a router, therefore, I can type a post, but include no pictures.
My enthusiasm is further dampened with the realization that I can't Skype my family from the laptop (more technical problems) so it looks like it is back to the coffee shop again in the morning.
What is a person to do when they have internet, but can't do some of the things that they want to do? When the celebratory atmosphere turns a bit sombre? Watch Christmas shows on YouTube of course! Problem solved and sense of humour still intact.
Thanks for stopping by!
PS. This evening's plan will be to TYPE my blog about the field trip on the laptop and then ADD the pictures tomorrow from my phone before I post it. Wish me luck :)
Problem #2: I have a hard time typing more than 10 words on my touch pad phone so I'm not motivated to post or respond to emails. Solution: Avoid typing...problem solved!
Meanwhile, back at the apartment..... I plug the apartment laptop directly into the internet, bypassing the router, and, voila, I have internet! (this the is the point I start dancing around the apartment; shoot! no roommates to celebrate with me as I now have the place to myself)
No time to waste, it is time to do a nice long blog. Oh, oh, now I'm getting messages that something is incompatible between the blog and the laptop. Multiple error messages put a damper on my solo celebration. My glee is further squelched by the realization that my pictures are on my phone and my phone does not have internet without a router, therefore, I can type a post, but include no pictures.
My enthusiasm is further dampened with the realization that I can't Skype my family from the laptop (more technical problems) so it looks like it is back to the coffee shop again in the morning.
What is a person to do when they have internet, but can't do some of the things that they want to do? When the celebratory atmosphere turns a bit sombre? Watch Christmas shows on YouTube of course! Problem solved and sense of humour still intact.
Thanks for stopping by!
PS. This evening's plan will be to TYPE my blog about the field trip on the laptop and then ADD the pictures tomorrow from my phone before I post it. Wish me luck :)
2 comments:
There is a solution to every problem, we just have to find it! Glad you are keeping your sense of humour. Got your Christmas card and the news!
At least you were able to hang out in a neat coffee shop drinking lattes all day! Lol
Post a Comment